So I am trying to incorporate more "superfoods" in my diet without scaring my processed/box loving hubby away from the healthy lifestyle. Its baby steps with him but I am slowly converting him whether he knows it or not lol :) I saw a similar version of this on pinterest and will put the link to it at the bottom of this :) The fun thing about this is you can use whatever fruit you have on hand :)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of quinoa (Keen-wah)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of water
For the Fruit(Use about 4 1/2 cups this is what I used)
1 cup of pineapple
1 cup of strawberries
1 mango
2 kiwi

Fruit I used :)
Honey Lime Dressing
3 Tbsp Honey
1 Large Lime

Whisk honey and lime juice together and viola you have honey lime dressing!
directions:
1. Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. 

Fluffing the quinoa for the salad
Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
2. To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice and honey together until combined.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi and mango. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

Its quite yummy! I wish I would have used red quinoa and some blueberries for some added color though :)
No comments:
Post a Comment